Find The Best Boat Hire in Miami.
1 - 18 of 608 listings
Boat Hire & Yacht Rentals in Miami
From its Art Deco District and renown Cuban-infused cuisine to its warm, clear waters, Miami has so much to offer to travelers. One activity that’s always consistently named to lists of things to do in Miami? Hiring a yacht. There’s nothing quite like spending the day relaxing in the ocean breeze and soaking up some rays, and by the time you dock on shore, you’ll see fabulous views of Miami’s famed skyline.
If you’ve been looking for a great place for a boat hire, Miami is a perfect location. With GetMyBoat, you can find over 600 different yacht charters, boat hire, and on-the-water experiences.
Plus, many boat owners also offer extras like lunch or dinner onboard, jet skis, sea kayaks, and other amenities to add to your trip. We’ve also helped people book their bucks party and hens parties, destination weddings, milestone birthdays, anniversary trips, and honeymoon excursions. We would recommend finding a captained charter unless you or someone in your group has the experience and licensing to take a bareboat hire out on the water.
In addition to yachts, we have jet ski hire, deep sea fishing charters, sea kayaks, party pontoon hire, and surfing lessons available. We can’t wait for you to experience everything Miami has to offer.
7 Reasons to Hire a Boat in Miami
With so many things to do in South Florida, you might be trying to decide between planning a boat hire or spending a day doing something on land.
There are tons of great reasons to book a boat hire in Miami, but here are our top seven.
1. Enjoy the relaxing and therapeutic benefits of being out on the water, which has been known to have a calming and rejuvenating effect on people
2. Get some natural Vitamin D from the sun (though we also recommend broad-spectrum sunscreen)
3. Spend time with friends and family, because it’s a great way to catch up
4. Learn something new, whether it’s seeing how a new-to-you type of watercraft operates or advancing your sailing skills
5. Take a break from electronics and devices for a few hours
6. Spot some interesting wildlife, ranging from sea and ocean birds to dolphins, whales, sharks, and more
7. Cool off during Miami’s hot and humid summer months, or bask in the relative warmth during Florida’s mild winters
Once you’re booked, get ready for your excursion! Whether you pack travel-sized items in your luggage or you’re planning to pick up some odds and ends locally, there are a few essentials you should pack into your beach tote for a day offshore:
• Broad-spectrum sunscreen protects against both UVA and UVB rays. Apply at least 20 minutes prior to going outside and reapply every two hours (more frequently if you’re sweating or swimming). While sunbathing feels nice, you don’t want to risk sun damage – and a nasty sunburn can really put a damper on the rest of your trip!
• Sunglasses are a must-have for reducing glare and they can help you avoid wrinkles around your eyes. Polarized ones are a good pick if you have them, since they help with boaters’ fatigue.
• A cover-up and a sun hat are also key, and they let you layer up for lounging or dressing down for a dip in the ocean. Many yachts have sun shades or cabins where you can get out from the sun, but it’s always good to bring a cover-up to be safe.
• Waterproof smartphone cases are a good idea, especially if you’d rather avoid having to replace your phone due to water damage (or losing it altogether in the ocean).
We also recommend downloading our free GetMyBoat mobile app (available on iOS and Android) to stay up-to-date with communication from the boat owner and clarify any details around meeting location, weather, and tips.
Onshore Things to Do in Miami
Besides its warm, humid weather and white sand beaches, Miami is known for its vibrant nightlife, spas, restaurants, and diverse history. Once you’ve docked for the day, we recommend finding some great Latin cuisine; while Cuban seems obvious, there are also incredible Venezuelan, Peruvian, and Colombian restaurants throughout the city. Be sure to hydrate after a day out on the water – sun exposure can be quite dehydrating – especially if you plan to partake in cocktails and dancing in the evening. Another popular activity is to relax and decompress at one of Miami’s many luxury spas for a massage or scrub.
Looking for something a bit more structured? While planning your trip, we’d suggest adding these tours and activities to your list:
• Explore Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
• Take in a Marlins, Canes, or Dolphins game
• Walk the Art Deco District
• Wander through Little Havana
• Check out Wynwood Walls
• Adventure in one of Miami’s state or national parks, like Oleta River State Park or Everglades National Park
Top destinations nearby
GetMyBoat customer reviews for boat rentals in Miami.
I had the BEST time on the boat with Fernando and his crew. They were so accommodating and even provided cups because we forgot ours. The communication was excellent. He contacted me directly leading up to the event to answer my questions. Great service. Would book again!
This is a beautiful boat. It was great to see how this one compared to other boats leaving the dock at the same time. So impressive! Alejandro was a phenomenal captain and we had a blast on this boat. It comfortably accommodate 10 people with room to spare. I will definitely book again when I am in the Miami area!
Great experience with Captain Mike! He took us to a few different areas to swim and enjoy the water. We also toured around the nearby islands, which had so many cool things to see. Captain Mike was a great guide and a wealth of knowledge about Miami. Overall it was an awesome time and we would definitely do it again. Thanks Marcel!
My friends and I had the best time ever on this boat! It was our first time on a yacht and Orlando was super friendly and super fun! He made the process super simple! I think it was worth every penny & I would rebook them again! Thanks for the good time!
We had an amazing time with Fernando and his boat! Everything was exactly as listed, if not better! Fernando and Tiffany were super attentive and considerate, and the boat was so clean and well appointed. Fernando took us to amazing spots on our 4-hour trip. We will definitely book with Fernando again next time we're in Miami!
The boat was as pictured; spacious, very clean, and in working order. The bluetooth sound system was also great to have! We departed on time and returned on time. Captain Fernando and his first mate did an outstanding job at making sure my friends and I were safe the entire time. The first mate also provided 1st class service throughout the entire ride, which enhanced our experience. He made it clear that we did not have to lift a finger to get drinks, food, etc. He went above and beyond by plating our food and snacks and serving them to us. A few of us weren't good swimmers, so life jackets were given to us by request. Before entering the water the first mate also gave us a helpful warning to stay close to the yacht, since tourists on jetskis tend to zoom by and the current can pull you away from the boat if your not a good swimmer. He also gave us an in depth safety brief during departure. All in all the crew did an amazing job in all aspects of our trip. We highly recommend this yacht and crew. The price was very reasonable and worth it. My friends and I cant wait to come back to Miami and rent this yacht for our bachelor and bachelorette parties in the near future.